Saturday, September 15, 2012

My First Cards

I've created my first cards & I'm so excited!  They turned out pretty good too, if I do say so myself.  The problem I suffer from is that I can never *think* of exactly what to do, so I am a admitted scraplifter.  The cool part about this is that I found a fun blog, Mojo Monday that posts creative card design ideas every Monday.  They even encourage you to use their designs to create your own cards.  It's so neat to see how different people interpret the same design too!  

Last Monday's sketch was this one: 
Cute isn't it?  Well, unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to do something frilly around the edge of my circle so I don't think mine is quite as cute as it could be...but still, this is what I came up with:
Overall, I'm thrilled with how it turned out.  I wish my ink had gone on a little more smoothly and a little darker though.  Well, after finishing this one, I decided to do a few more using Mojo Monday as inspiration.  I just went back a couple sketches from previous Mondays and used those ideas too.  
I'm really digging on that pink colored one!  I think that's my fave of the group.  Now, I totally need something to display them on like a photo holder or something.  Any ideas?  Hmmm...



**All paper was from CTMH's Dotty for You paper pack.  Inks used include CTMH's Chocolate and Sweet Leaf.  Stamp include those from CTMH's My Acrylix Frames, Tags, Borders, and Petite Perks.

No comments:

Post a Comment