Sunday, September 16, 2012

Look It! Deals & More


Lookity look what I found! Yay!!  Remember how I was talking about wanting something to hold my cards to display, right?  Well, this is it!  Okay, okay, I KNOW it says "2012" and the other side actually says "GRAD" but that's a-ok with me because my little self is just going to find some cute scrapbook paper, cut it to size, Mod Podge it,  and voila--it will (hopefully) look great!  Oh, what's better is that it only cost $1.99 on clearance from Kohl's.  You just can't beat that!  I don't shop there often, but when I do, I love finding the all of the amazing clearance deals they always seem to have!  


I also found some Thank You cards on major markdown at JoAnn Fabrics and Craft Store for only $1.97 for a pack of 6.  They only had three packs so I picked up all of them; I figure for that price I could easily recover the front of them and use them for my own card designs.  Go me....go me...go me!  


I'm also really excited about another new blog and website I found earlier today.  Remember the Mojo Monday one I told you about, where you're given some awesome sketches of card design ideas?  Well, this one I discovered is similar except it has not only card design sketches, but also sketches for scapbook pages, tags, circular pages, and more!  The blog is called PageMaps and then the website also goes by the same name, PageMaps, but it's a little different.  Some of the great sketches look like this:

Isn't this just the cutest little card design?  There are so many things you could do with it too!  This was a September 2012 CardMap that I found on the website.






How about this awesome looking page layout for you scrappers out there?  It's actually a MiniMap from April, 2009, but you could definitely adapt it for a full size page.  I'm loving it completely!!  Like I said before, I'm not good at coming up with my own original ideas and there's NO SHAME in scraplifting!!  This is a perfect sketch for just that. 




Or, if you're in a super creative mood and you like to do those fun mini albums in unique shapes, there is a whole section full of sketches that are for rounded pages.  Who would've thunk it?  I like this one, which is a RoundMap from August, 2008.  





Oh, check these out; these are called TagMaps and they're adorable little gift tag sketches that you can make to put on gifts or you could even adapt them to maybe make bookmarks too!  I think this adorable TagMap from February, 2009 is perfect!





Finally, they have what would probably be considered the full page layout sketches, called SideMaps.  This one from January, 2009 is a simple layout but has tons of possibilities in the hands of a scrapper.


Something that I really like about this cool PageMaps site is that it shows tons of other versions of the same sketch, where other crafty people have submitted their own version of a particular sketch.  That just gives me even more ideas on things I can create.  Thanks PageMaps for such an awesome resource!  

It appears that there are often contests as well  It looks like we just missed this cool contest by a couple days but as soon as I see another one, I will most definitely post about it.  Then we can all enter.  Think you'll win?  I rarely win anything, but hey maybe I'll get lucky this time, right?   I wish you luck as well and may the odds be ever in your favor!

Well, I think that's all for today...my diarrhea of the mouth sometimes gets the better of me and I can't stop!  Yikes!  Until next time, friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment