Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Monday Monday...It Slipped Away

You know that song Monday, Monday by the Mamas & the Papas? It might have been a great day to them, but for me it's the beginning of yet another crazy & hectic week so things don't always quite go as I plan for them to.  In fact, they rarely go as I plan, so it was inevitable that I'd forget to get on here on Monday and check out the new Mojo Monday, make the card that day, AND post about it.  That's just not likely to happen on this blog folks!  I got it done for this week, just not on time.  That's alright though...unless you're too uptight to deal with it, in which case I suggest finding another place to get your craft fix.  

So this week's design was a fun one in my opinion and I decided to start doing some pretty "I love you" type cards.  The design for Monday was this one, where you could make it as a circular card or a square card.  I went with the square since I'm still learning this whole card making process.  I think mine turned out pretty nicely too.




After that, I wanted to make a couple more so I went further into the archives (okay, not so far back) at Mojo Monday and found this cute design from August, 2012, and then tried my hand at it.



Another one I found and recreated in my own way is this one from April, 2012.  I'm not loving the big white stripe but I'm not sure what else to do to it.  I added a tiny stamp on it and that certainly helped a little bit...but I don't know.  What do you think?  I don't want it to be too busy but it just looks like it's missing something, you know?  Hmmm...

I'm hoping to create a couple more just to complete this collection.  All of these were done using paper from The Paper Studio at Hobby Lobby.  The stamps were Close to My Heart, Thoughtful Tidings and Petite Perks.  Ink colors used were also from CTMH in Chocolate and Tulip.  Ribbon is from an unknown location.  :(  Booo!  I hate when that happens.  I also added just a touch of CTMH's  Liquid Glass to two of them to give them just a little pop of detail to set them apart from others.  

I purchased some more paper when I was at Hobby Lobby to do some birthday cards and maybe some all purpose "just because" type cards too.  I can't wait to make some new designs with these pretty new papers!




No comments:

Post a Comment