Thursday, October 4, 2012

Monday Madness

Once again Monday has come and gone and I had nothing up...get used to this my friends.  I did copy the Mojo Monday card design and make it though...it just didn't actually happen until Tuesday.  


Cute huh?  I was excited to do this one and am relatively pleased with how mine turned out.  My dots around the semi-circle aren't spaced quite right, but hey, I guess that's what makes it unique and homemade, right?  I'll just keep telling myself that anyhow.  It's also not quite as fancy either, but I still like the simplicity of it.


I don't know what it was with me on Tuesday, but I was determined to finish enough Thank You cards and Love cards for 3 people so I was on a roll.  I worked for several hours and ended up creating several more, using several sketches as my beginning inspiration from Mojo Monday.  

 Again, the Love cards were created using some great papers I found at Hobby Lobby from The Paper Studio.  I used stamps from My Acrylix sets Thoughtful Tidings, A Little Thanks, Perfect Fit-Frames Flare, Sweet Love, and two 

other sets from the Celebration collection.  Ink colors include Slate, Chocolate, and Tulip.  

The Thank You ones were made using an old paper pack from CTMH, from about 2010, I believe.  The same stamp sets and inks were used with these as well.  I also found some "bling" and red velour ribbon to add to some of them also.  Love the added touches it gives them!

I'm not sure what my next bunch of cards will be but I am getting excited to do them.  I'm hoping to create enough to give a mixed pack of them to my mother-in-law, sisters-in-law, and my mom for Christmas.  Hopefully they will enjoy using and giving them as I have in creating them.

One a quick and totally unrelated note, I am about done with my card display holder.  I took some pretty paper from Hobby Lobby's The Paper Studio and adhered it to the sides and them applied Modge Podge to it all.  I still need to work on my corners...not sure how to correct them yet though.  At least the 2012 GRAD part is covered though!


No comments:

Post a Comment